e the blog o' moosh
 

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Poor old Camilla. Her only crime is to be ugly.

What happened there?

It was 2004 a minute ago, I swear. So much for me and my regular posting, eh? Well, I have been soooooooo busy, you know.

Well, in reality, been working and then too cheesed off to do much else. This week has been the longest of my life. Utterly, utterly dire. Had to go get a huge hole drilled in my tooth today which will remain in residence for 3 weeks - all that pain and suffering AND i get to pay about £80 for it. At least with my old dentist we would have a bit o banter, this new one is almost completely devoid of personality (and has a slight whiff of BO) (Oh and a CONSTANT cold).

New year was quite good, different from the last few. Me and Lee went down to stay at the hotel my brother runs the bar in, in Derbyshire - Park Farm House. My mum and dad also went and we spent a very pleasant 2 days with Andrew, my brother and his girlfriend, Aleks, who also works at the hotel (and is Polish incidentally). We had a pretty good time, with the vodka flowing freely. They let a big firework off at midnight in the caravan park that they found left over from someone's wedding at the hotel. Wasn't til next morning when we went out for a stroll in daylight that we realised the firework had been strapped to a metal cage full of calor gas canisters. So lucky that I am here to be typing this at all.

I have been absolutely GLUED to a fabulous website that Andrew turned me on to - Hidden Glasgow - full of fabulous gems of information about Glasgow and aspects of it that we don't always see - hidden tunnels, what buildings were originally used for, etc. It is absolutely fascinating and they have a great forum section with some very genuinely helpful people on there who are passionate about their shared interest - well worth a look. But be warned - I have been on there pretty much constantly for the past 3 days and still not got enough!

Lee got the contract through for approval on the new house yesterday, along with the formal acceptance, so that is a bit of a relief. We had a celebratory look at bathroom stuff today - only 5 weeks or so until predicted moving day!

And before that we have Paris to go to at the end of January. I've never been but always wanted to go. We booked really cheap flights months ago and I had forgotten about it pretty much, but hotel is all booked now, so getting excited about that.

A lot to look forwards to this year, but it is a bit difficult with a hole the size of Fife in your mouth :(

posted by Claire @ 1/09/2005 07:57:00 am | 0 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant