e the blog o' moosh
 

Friday, February 04, 2005

IHello. Yes? Yes. No. I'll be home in five minutes.

Man, I am addicted to that song.

Worky, worky, worky. Is it just me, or since Christmas, no one's heart is quite in it? It usually takes a while to get back into the swing of it, fair enough, but really, it's been torture since the new year. I can barely force myself to get my ass in to that place every day. It's been much easier this week as the delectable Anne has been giving me a lift due to me being avec stick. But if it weren't for her, I would have easily taken ooh, 5 days off this week. Had an unfortunate wardrobe incident today, when Lisa and I both turned up bedecked in Paul Frank today - her red, me blue. Gotta love that little monkey.

I finally tracked down the bag o my dreams today on
Ebay - combining 2 of my great loves in life, Paul Frank and ponies! Coming all the way from Australia though, so could be some time before I get my mucky paws on it (anyone who knows me will know how utterly absurd the idea of me having mucky paws is. I am never without a bottle of antibacterial gel stuff. I am a clean freak). Ebay is probably my number one site just now, as I am listing stuff to try and get rid of it before the Big Move.

We are definitely thinking of the New House with capitals now, as it gets closer and closer. T minus 8 days and counting til C Day (Contract Day). We have made great inroads into the packing - we have now packed almost all of our CDs! And, emmm, that's all! I did sort out all my clothes though, well, most of them, and divided into keep, charity shop, Ebay and bin. I am working my way thru the Ebay pile (2 black bin bags full) now, but on dialy up, it's no picnic. Uploading one photo takes a good 5 minutes, so I have managed to list 13 items in 3 days. Another good thing about the Big Move - broadband!

Lee, my beautiful husband is working night shift this week at the electrickery factory. He says it's bits of cars and buses they make there, but I know he is handcrafting electricity for us all to use really. This means I get to stay in the flat by myself at night, which I am not a big fan of. I may be almost 26, but I have never quite gotten over my fear of the dark, as feeble as that may sound. Still, Scottish Power love this, as the lights are on all night for a week.

Going to see
Death From Above 1979 on Saturday at Tuts. I got Lee tickets as a happy Wednesday present as he picked up the album when we went to San Francisco last year and it is pretty nifty. Also got tickets for the afore mentioned Do Me Bad Things in April, which I am really looking forwards to - they rock big stylee.

My
Hidden Glasgow addiction gets stronger every day. I am glued, GLUED I tell ye. Usually the novelty wears off with me with these things after a few days, but this time I keep finding out more and more bizarre info about ordinary places which is holding my interest. Becca also turned me on to Neighbourhoodies.com - I now have a billion things I want on a t shirt. I also found a very cool lady in Seattle who will send me things from my favourite shop ever Old Navy - they don't deliver outside the US, sadly, but this lady will go buy it and ship it over. Turns out her husband is from Glasgow - small world (not always filled with freaks and weirdos).

Mum called today to say we shouldn't get a puppy and if we do, definitely not a beagle or a dalmatian. Which are the 2 breeds I want. She suggested a Jack Russell. Or a poodle. Or a goldfish... She will be here next week for a week's visit, to show me how to work my new sewing machine and make soup and tile a bathroom etc, etc. I miss not having mum around as much. Will need to show her how to use a computer. She'd love the internet.

Now, must get to bed - FRIDAAAAAAAAY tomorrow. Then next week, I am in London for work on Tuesday and off Friday afternoon as it is C-DAY and off on the following Monday for moving joy! One more day to go - and at least it's not as bad as
this poor guy's work...

posted by Claire @ 2/04/2005 06:51:00 am | 0 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant