e the blog o' moosh
 

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Is there anything better than Meals on Wheels?

Well, that was a while ago. Maybe all that corporatespeak knocked out my blogging spidey senses or something. No matter, here I am. But I am departing again, for on Saturday, we leave for Kos! For a week! Where it's currently hotter than the surface of the sun!

We are going to be here for a week, soaking up the rays, drinking a lot and playing cards, most likely. A last minute type of thing as we both had holidays and some cash to spare.

Whilst we are away, I am going to try to forget:

  • that I am currently hating work to the nth degree
  • that there are currently about 18 people I would do time for not to see again ever
  • that I have a billion things I want to make and NO TIME to make them
  • that I feel like I've not seen any of my family since Noah was a boy
  • that I would rather be anywhere else than here right now
  • that I would rather eat broken glass than go to work most mornings
  • that I am BORED

Instead I will count my blessings that:

  • I am on holiday with my beautiful husband
  • I am in a place with so much history and interesting things to do
  • I don't have to DO anything if I don't want to
  • Jo is looking after craft-fairing quite contently whilst I'm away
  • yes, I've remembered to not only close the front door, but lock it too
  • and yes, I haven't left the straighteners on, they're in the hotel
  • I am not poor, homeless, disease ridden and am generally quite happy

But you know, sometimes it's just hard to remember the good things when you're miserable in an office with lots of other miserable people ...

posted by Claire @ 8/23/2006 12:15:00 pm | 0 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant