e the blog o' moosh
 

Thursday, November 09, 2006

All he does is wander around the flat in tracksuit bottoms.

Lee told me such a heart-warming story last night.

He met his mum for lunch yesterday and Lee happened to mention that he'd opened the blinds that morning to see a robin sat in the tree outside our bedroom window. Not particularly unusual for this time of year, but nonetheless.

Lee's mum also has a robin - it comes to her garden every winter and stays there for the duration of the cold period.

It transpires that Lee's dad, who died when he was but an early teenager had said to Lee's mum many years ago that when he died he'd come back as a robin.

I like to think that it's the same robin, keeping an eye on them both.

posted by Claire @ 11/09/2006 05:18:00 pm | 2 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Comments:

At 5:39 pm GMT, Blogger Catherine Black said...

That is beautiful. Robins are my favourite birds - cheeky, dainty and i love the way they dive bomb around the hedges. x

 
At 10:59 am GMT, Blogger Jo said...

Oh! I have a tear in my ball! What a sweet story... my dad was convinced that my papa had been reincarnated as a sparra because one sat looking into our kitchen window for the whole day of his funeral. I love those stories! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant