e the blog o' moosh
 

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I don't want to cause a panic but I can smell burning

Wheeeeeeeeeee!

That's the sound of time hurtling along. I can't believe it's almost the end of November already! Where is time going? It's not been spent blogging, clearly. I've been so busy recently, there's hardly a moment to draw breath.

So, what have I been doing? Well, a round up is as foll-ows:

  • Turns out I am not diabetic after all, but it's on it's way. Metabolic syndrome is what it is, which is like diabetes-lite. Basically I need to lose a lot of weight to curb the blood sugar levels and to stop my body rejecting the perfectly good insulin I am churning out. Nothing I didn't already know, but if you see me, don't let me have cake.

  • I do have conjunctivitis! Which is really lingering, despite the sticking stuff in my eyes at regular intervals (prescribed, not just for the hell of it). I've also had a snuffly cold for weeks now, it just won't go - me and everyone else in Scotland it seems.

  • I've converted to xfm of a morning, ever since I turned on the radio one morning last week to hear Dominik Diamond saying the word fud. It was so exciting that Jo texted me to make sure I'd heard.

  • I've invented a new range for Miso Funky - Rejects. I am immensely proud of them as I thought they might be a bit crap, but people have seemed to take to them rather well.

  • We've been crafting our lives away and are very busy with various craft fairs up til Christmas now. Our own market was on Saturday past and went very well, so fingers crossed we will hit our self-imposed target by the end of the year.

  • Lee is away on holiday tomorrow, without me! Him and his friend Euan are meeting in London and then heading to the nearest travel agent to book something - they don't know where or how long for, but I really hope they have a great time! I'll be living the singleton life in the meantime - or, more accurately, be staying in and crafting a lot!

  • I've been taking part in the cultural swap thing and had some great parcels so far from the US, Singapore and my favourite so far from Thailand. I have a few more lined up too, so fingers crossed for more good stuff from afar.

  • I've found myself glued to Torchwood on TV - I think it might be the accents! Lord knows I am a sucker for the Welsh accent - I did marry Lee after all! It's not like me to like what I consider to be a slightly geeky program, but I heartily recommend it!

  • We've booked our flights to Cincinnati next year! We're off to see Anne and Jim there next April/May and on the way back we have 4 days in Noo Yoik! We are both SOOOO excited about it.

I think that is the salient points! Oh, me, Jo and Mar-c had a great weekend in Newcastle, we had a great meal in a Teppen-yaki restaurant (where you sit round a metal hotplate and the chef cooks your dinner in front of you - GREAT fun) and had a fab day at the Cluny market. Photos on Flickr here.

This week has been busy - Monday was spent photographing babygros until the early hours for the MF shop, last nite we were interviewed by a girl who wants to write about us for a course she is doing and tout us round some magazines and tonite was spent mostly waiting for Tesco to deliver my shopping and packing Lee's bag for him as he's working nite shift (again :( ).

I ham off now to work on an idea I am developing for the rejects - fingers crossed it works out as planned!


posted by Claire @ 11/22/2006 09:32:00 pm | 1 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Comments:

At 10:20 am GMT, Blogger Jo said...

What was your idea for developing rejects?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant