e the blog o' moosh
 

Thursday, December 28, 2006

She bought it in New Look for a fiver.


Crimbo Chez Brown
Originally uploaded by mooosh.
Crimbo over? Already?

But it was so quick! Huh! I have had a great rest though and am feeling pretty relaxed and happy just now. It's been great not to have to rush around, planning craft fairs, frantically sewing .. instead, I've been playing a lot of Guitar Hero, eating a lot of chocolate (yes, very naughty) and buying shoes!

Christmas day was a very jolly affair for the Browns. We rose late, opened a veritable Fuji-san of presents and played with our new toys for a while before we raced over to Blantyre with Lee's mum to have dinner with Andrew and Aleks. It was a lovely meal, topped off with Lee's chocolate and malteser cheesecake (really, it is to DIE for) and we exchanged gifts and headed back to the court. Upon our return, we went over to Jo and Ryan's to play with our 2 new games - Sing Star Rocks and Guitar Hero 2! I really am not a fan of singing in front of people, but I was soon up on the mic and belting out duets with everyone in turn! We stayed up til 4 am in the end, singing and dancing - it was so much fun!

For the rest of the festive period, we've pretty much just hung around the house not doing anything really. It's been just what I needed to recharge my batteries and no mistake. I got so many fabulous presents, so have been spending time just looking at them all and finding a home for them in our tiny flat. I finally got a new alarm clock which plays CDs, etc so last nite was spent hammering my old one to death with Lee's new mini hammer - it was very satisfactory!

Today Jo and I headed into town to get my ears pierced at long last - but as I type, my ears are sadly still hole-less. I was told today I have oil sacs in my ears from a previous piercing attempt - how odd! So we are going to make an appointment at Nirvana to get it done properly and then I will be able to wear my 2 new pairs of earrings I got for Christmas!

To console ourselves with the piercing disappointment, I bought 2 pairs of shoes! For, my friends ... and you may wish to sit down, if you are not already .. ten british pounds! Well, I never! I got some nice black t-bar flat ones in Primark and some nice orangey/pinky sandals with a small heel in some other shoe place for £5 each! I also finally got a nice cord a-line skirt which I had been eyeing up for some weeks at almost half the price it was pre-Christmas! I was most pleased!

My mum arrives tomorrow from her jaunt to Cincinnati - she is visiting us for a few days before she goes back to school in Suffolk next week (for those who don't know, my mum is a matron of a boarding school down there). I am going to take myself off on a wee jaunt to the airport tomorrow to meet her, which I am quite looking forwards to. Must go and try out my new £6 slippers now!

posted by Claire @ 12/28/2006 07:00:00 pm | 0 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant