e the blog o' moosh
 

Monday, February 19, 2007

I wanna see more of Mark Ramprakash.

What a productive weekend! Friday evening I went home and got wired into the bunny knitting. It is safe to say that they are not my favourite thing to knit, but I think a good long break away from them has proved to be beneficial. Come 1 am I had completed one pair and was well into a second. I had to give up around 2 am as my eyes were starting to cross though.

Saturday I frankly crafted my ass off. More bunnies, some origami envelopes, tags ... I was really on fire! I had a break around 11pm to move the living room furniture around to a formation suggested by Jo - and it really has made the place look much bigger! For those of you who have not been in our house - it's very small. So inspired was I by this new outlook from the sofa, I stayed up til 4am knitting and watching random tv shows about bell ringing, Mary Seacole and people who fly model airplanes.

Sunday was the day designated to clean the house as me and my good husband are very much from the school of housework of leave it til it's bad and then do it all at once. I tackled the bathroom whilst Lee did both of our most hated of jobs - putting away the clean clothes. It took me so long in the bath scrubbing the grouting that he had also done all the dishes by the time I had finished - I was most pleased. This all to the soundtrack of my favourite album, Ill Communication by the Beastie Boys - I'm a big fan.

Whilst on the cleaning roll, we packed everything up from the kitchen that we don't use and have no hope of using until we move house (at some point) - we had 4 boxes worth of stuff to put away! A bit of rearranging and now the kitchen looks much better and there is more space and I don't feel like I want to cry every time I look at the crowded work surfaces. I actually had a bit of a rush of affection for our little flat yesterday when were tidying it all, bit it soon passed.

In the evening after dinner, Jo and I went down to a club night a fellow crafter had organised for a while. It was a little quiet and different than what I expected, but we got loads of knitting done, saw some women in corsets and pants and had a good chat with some friends. It's very hard to organise things like that - people can be so resistant to excitement sometimes - as we have found ourselves, but I am glad that someone else is taking the initiative and DOING rather than talking about it. That said, there is also the bid to become a craft mafia in Glasgow, which stella jo is organising, so it seems that the crafters are coming out of hibernation and are getting set to take over the world!

A meeting this evening about the next couple of markets and hopefully we will know dates, etc and we can get on with our lives a little. There seems so much to be done in the coming weeks and months, I almost feel like I don't know where to start. And it's my birthday soon! How did I get to be 28? And why is time passing so quickly? Is there going to be enough time to fit everything in I want to do with my life? Answers on a postcard ...

posted by Claire @ 2/19/2007 05:42:00 pm | 0 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant