e the blog o' moosh
 

Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's a collaboration. Between me and my hands.

I know, you're still in shock - £250! Of Virgin vouchers! How did that happen?

Well, there I was last Tuesday, getting ready for work listening to Dominik "Gamesmaster" Diamond prattle on in between songs, when I heard him say they wanted people to text in with their suggestions for a really inappropriate song for a particular occasion, e.g. D.I.V.O.R.C.E. at a wedding. My mind went straight to the memory filed away for occasions such as these to the true story of my friend Nicki playing Cutting Crew's "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" on Hopsital Radio and so I texted in.

A few songs and a blast of the hairdryer later, I realised that it was an actual competition in which a real life prize was up for grabs. No less than £250 of Virgin megastore vouchers. However, I didn't pay too much attention, knowing full well that I never win anything like that (apart from my appearance on Mark and Lard's Crap Town Factor back in 1998 in which I scored 5 out of 5 in the week before Christmas and won £50 of HMV vouchers, but that's another story entirely).

Anyway, cutting a long story shorter, the phone rang and it was the other guy that is not Dominik Diamond asking me to tell my story on air and telling me that I'D WON! I was shocked, amazed and indeed as I am writing this, I am reliving my adrenalin rush all over again. So I had to go on and repeat my tale, give them my details and lo and behold, I'm a lucky xfm winner! I was so excited all day that I could barely concentrate at work (nothing new I grant you).

Mind you, the vouchers haven't arrived yet. So I've not yet had to face the dilemma of what to spend them on. Suggestions gratefully received!

posted by Claire @ 2/15/2007 05:23:00 pm | 2 comments |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Comments:

At 8:53 am GMT, Blogger Jo said...

drugs! spend it on drugs!

 
At 9:12 am GMT, Blogger Claire said...

Granted, I've not been in Virgin megastore for a while, but I am pretty sure they don't sell drugs in there! Not openly, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

prettycraftythings - a monthly craft bazaar for indie designers and renegade crafters

The Softie Awards

Crafty Blogs

Scottish Blogs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Powered by Blogger

design by marceline smith at diskant